Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 3 Drive to Rio Dulce


Saw a few patients and families with Zora at the church Sunday morning during church services. It was fun- a lot of the patients gave us hugs at the end!

Then as a group, we were introduced on stage to the whole congregation- Mike was introduced as mi “esposa”, which made me turn red (goodness).

After lunch we headed out in a school bus. The drive to Rio Dulce is supposed to take 6-8 hours- we left around 2pm.

The drive actually wasn’t that bad- pretty scenery, roads were okay, though there was some rain. We were all in a school bus, so it was easy to socialize. Dinner at hotel- the hotel is a series of cabanas; the restaurant is a great rotunda-like shape without real walls, looking at the lake. This is in Finca de Paraiso, on the edge of Lago Izbal.

There was a really friendly (tail-wagging) cute dog on the beach by the lake that I pet (it rolled on its back to have its tummy rubbed)- I KNOW you are not supposed to pet dogs in foreign countries, but it was so cute, and looked fairly well cared for. I was feeling fine about it, until I turned back to go to dinner, and the dog grabbed my leg with its front paws, and then sort of jumped up and down with excitement, nipping. Yeah. Well, I promise I won’t pet any more dogs here!

No comments:

Post a Comment