Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Daily life in Buenos Aires



So I usually take a "minibus" ( van) about 15 minutes to Rio Dulce (Q7), then a "tuc-tuc" (Q2-3) from there to the Centro de Salud. Both can be squishy- maybe 20 people or so in the 4 rows in the minibus, and the "tuc-tuc" fit 7 people (several were children). The tuc-tuc is pictured here- no doors, and 3 wheels.

Here is a picture of the house where I am staying- my hosts watch a fair amount of television- and I have to admit, I have gotten hooked on a Telenovela! It is called "Teresa". I like it because they speak very clearly- things are a little overstated/extreme, and the music always cues you to the context- it's pretty fun!

I will take a picture of the water system- there is a hose shower (cold), and a huge cistern for washing in the kitchen. This water comes from a nearby river, and the water is always a lot dirtier after it has rained- if it is really dirty, my hosts use the tank with chlorine in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment